Distribution of the trail permit fees :
On a 2021-2022 annual trail permit sold before December 9th at $375, your money is distributed in the following manner:
- $ 39.46 $1 million liability insurance coverage for the snowmobiler
- $ 27.54 $2 million liability insurance coverage for the club
- $ 40.11 Federal and Provincial taxes
- $ 173.88 remitted to the club
- $ 94.00 remitted to the FCMQ
The portion remitted to the FCMQ, that is $94.00 per annual trail permit sold (25.1%), is redistributed as follows:
- $ 4.00 is transferred to Motoneige Québec magazine;
- $ 2.00 goes into a fund dedicated to promotions and communications;
- $ 3.00 goes into a fund dedicated to insurance stabilization;
- $ 10.00 goes into a fund dedicated to trails;
- $ 4.00 goes into a fund dedicated to clubs having a longer than average grooming season;
- $ 1.00 goes into a fund dedicated to volunteer recognition;
- $ 14.00 goes into a fund dedicated to trail groomer acquisitions;
- $ 5.00 goes into a fund dedicated to club services (liaison agent)
- $ 26.00 is used to fund the Federation’s ongoing operations
- $ 25.00 goes into a dedicated fund to develop and optimise the trail network
For additional information related to the public liability insurance included with your trail permit, please refer to the “INSURANCE” sub-section in the “TRAIL PERMIT” section.
The trail permit is non-refundable* and non-transferable.
The trail permit is personal. It is non-transferable and non-refundable*. It is an offense to operate a snowmobile on an approved trail without having paid the prescribed trail permit fee according to the terms and conditions determined by the Board of Directors.
*Only the $1,000,000 liability insurance portion may be subject to a refund.
Replacement trail permit – Online
It is possible to replace a trail permit by going to the FCMQ online purchase platform.
It is important to know that a trail permit cannot be transferred to another owner. It can only be transferred from one snowmobile to another belonging to the same owner (sale followed by a purchase, for example).
Certain conditions apply, for more details, click here